This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Patient Advice and Complaints Team (PACT) and Patient Experience Team

PALS are now PACT

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) are now the Patient Advice and Complaints Team (PACT) and offer confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.

You can find officers in your local hospital.

How can PACT help?

PACT provides help in many ways. For example, it can:

  • help you with health-related questions
  • help resolve concerns or problems when you're using the NHS
  • tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare

PACT can give you information about:

  • the NHS
  • the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
  • support groups outside the NHS

PACT also helps to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions.

How do I contact my nearest PACT?

From 25th June 2018 the Patient Experience Service (PALS) will be moving to Exeter and becoming the Patient Advice and Complaints Team (PACT) which will be covering the whole of Devon. Patients wishing to feedback on local health services, or would like to make a formal complaint need to be given the following contact information:

 Telephone: 01392 267665 / 0300 123 1672 (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)


Write to: Patient Advice and Complaints Team, FREEPOST EX184, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QL

 Patient Experience Team.

Patient Experience Team, FREEPOST RTEZ-YHRC-RZKZ, Pomona House, Torquay TQ2 7FF

01803 652578

For complaints, comments, advice and support relating to community services and secondary care (Hospitals) and for general advice relating to NHS services.


NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

0300 311 2233

For complaints and concerns relating solely to primary care (GPs).  In the first instance please contact the Practice Manager.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website