See below for how to contact a Doctor when the Surgery is closed.
See the Training Afternoons tab to see when the surgery will be closed from 1pm for Staff Training.
When We Are Closed
If you need the help of a doctor during the evening, night or over the weekend, when the surgery is closed, please telephone 111 for the new NHS 111 Service.
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
When to use it
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.
Totnes Community Hospital:
Minor injuries can be dealt with in the minor injuries department at Totnes Hospital, 08:00 - 20:00. You do not need an appointment and a variety of injuries can be treated:
- Cuts, grazes and minor wounds
- Sprains, strains, muscle and joint injuries
- Minor broken bones (fractures)
- Insect and animal bites and stings
- Infected wounds
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head injuries
- Eye problems such as minor infections, scratches
- Emergency contraception
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.