The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Totnes Community Hospital will move to an ‘appointment-priority’ service from Monday 06 November.
Bookings will only be taken for the same day. To book an appointment, people need to call 01803 862622.
The unit will still be able to support walk-in visitors, but appointments will be prioritised. If the service is at capacity, the walk-in may be redirected or called back at an alternative time.
This unit will continue to be a nurse/paramedic-led unit open from 8am to 5pm, 7 days a week. Moving to this approach will provide more consistency and support maintaining the operating hours.
What conditions can an MIU help with?
- Soft tissue injuries
- Limb injuries (shoulder to finger, knee to toe)
- Low risk head injuries (note: patients on anti-coagulants must be referred to the emergency department)
- Soft tissue infections
- Wounds including bites, lacerations, abrasions, bites and stings & wounds requiring sutures or glue.
- Wound infections not requiring second line antibiotics
- Foreign bodies in eyes and ears
- Some ophthalmic issues such as conjunctivitis
- Minor illnesses such as tonsillitis, ear infections and female UTIs
Open 7 days a week 0800 – 1700
Current LIVE waiting times are available here